Friday 8 March 2013

Design Hero 3- Kyle Poff

I came across Kyle whilst studying A level art, as one of the modules were about graphic communication and research design. I instantly fell in love with his work as it was so unique and quirky in its own way. I like the way he uses type and colour together and how he keeps everything minimal. Most of Kyle's work includes pastel like colours which; are amongst some of my favorite colours in this spring/summery season- this may  indicate why I like his work even more.
Recently I was hugely inspired by the vibrant packaging he did for Compartes Chocolatiers which is a local Los Angeles brand. What I loved about Kyle’s work with Compartes was that he was brave enough to take a branding idea that the mast brothers have perfected and turn it around in his own unique way. Instead of created boring old patters Kyle has worked hard to create a series of bright, crazy patterns which instantly grab your attention and make your eyes go wonky! I still think the designs are beautiful and I personally think it's more appealing to the audience now than before. 


Here are some of the chocolate packagings which he designed..   
I adore the different patterns and colours which he has used. The design also looks extreamly detailed, bright and out there which is another thing which I love about his designs. The bold packaging is bound to grab the consumers attention and therefore it will sell and this is why I believe it is a good design in itself. 
Kyle Poff's vibrant packaging for Compartes Chocolatiers

Kyle Poff's vibrant packaging for Compartes Chocolatiers

Kyle Poff's vibrant packaging for Compartes Chocolatiers
Kyle Poff's vibrant packaging for Compartes Chocolatiers

No comments:

Post a Comment